Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sarapon's day

Ok...I was going to tell you a little about my family and house, but I'm having technical(camera) difficulties. So I'll tell you what my daily schedule seems to be.


I wake up at around 5:30 (early but i have lots of time to get ready) and get into the shower. I get dressed in my school uniform (red shirt and black sweatpants) and iron the shirt if it needs it. I don't have a normal school uniform because I'm only here for a short time, so I wear the sports uniform everyday. I then pack up all my books for school(dictionary, phrase book, learn Thai book...) and see whats for breakfast.

Breakfast so far seems to be smoothie type juice with crackers of bread of some sort. Its usually pretty rushed because my mom has to be at school around 7. When we get to school i either find my friends or go on the internet-which doesn't work half the time. Around 8 a teacher starts counting to ten and everyone lines up by class. They sing the anthem and say Buddhist prayers then listen to announcements, and i sit there confused.

After announcements i go to class with Matayum 5/1 (about 11th grade). We finally got a schedule together so next week I will be doing Thai cooking, Thai dancing, Thai sword fighting, Thai sports, and something to do with banana leaves(i have no idea what that is). I all ready started dance and sports-the dance is very hard(i can't even get the right hand position). I also go to math, science, English, Thai, and history. I understand whats going on in math-logarithms!

After school I am learning to play the "seesaw"( i don't know its real name). its a stringed instrument with 2 strings and the bow is in between them. Its lots of fun and a lot of people like to watch me...

We get home around 6 and i take a shower(again). We have dinner at home or go out to dinner. I've tryed so many things on rice or noodles...i never know what I'm eating. We talk for a while after dinner and then I go to bed- I've been sleeping so much here.

Please comment! I would love to hear from everyone!!

-Sarapon Suntharapot
สราพร สุนทรพจน์ (my Thai name)

1 comment:

  1. The real question is, "Do you understand what is going on in the English class?"

    Thai cooking... HMMM... I bet that means you have to cut up chicken...

    Thai sword -- Again, be someone takes a picture of you doing this. ;-)

    I was wondering how the "sport" part was. And do you have any chance to practice learning written Thai? I didn't see it in any of your classes.

    I spent the day at home cleaning house while Dad and Erin were at the Birdbath meet. Exciting. Tomorrow I leave to go to Flagstaff for the week.

    --Mom

    ReplyDelete